Do you have the baddest bathroom in the west metro? Cruddiest kitchen in the county? The West Metro Home Remodeling Fair brings you Operation Rescue Room, where your greatest home groan could be worth a grand.
- Review contest rules below before entering.
- Submit one original and current photo of your room, along with a brief (100 words or less) description of your intended project. (For best results, please upload images that are at least 4” x 6” with a minimum resolution of 5 MB or1200 x 1800 pixels).
2020 contest deadline is by 11:30 pm on Mon, Feb 3, 2020.
- Attend the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair on Sun, Feb 9, 2020 where one submitted project will be awarded $1000 to go towards the fix. Must be present to win.
- One entry per household.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, postage due mail, or entries not received for any reason, including electronic transmission errors.
- Entries become sole property of the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- All entries will be vetted for appropriateness by the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair committee.
- All eligible entries will be displayed at the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair Sunday, Feb 9, 2020.
- Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- Judging will take place at the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair Sunday, Feb 9, 2020.
- Winners will be chosen from the displayed entries, judged by visitors to the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair. In the event of a tie, the winner will be chosen by the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair staff.
- Decisions of judges are final and binding.
- Open to legal residents of the Cities of Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minnetonka, and St Louis Park and of the Hopkins, Minnetonka, and St Louis Park School Districts. Employees of Sponsor and their promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee), as well as vendors, are not eligible.
- All entrants must be at least 18 years old.
- One grand prize winner will receive $1,000 to use toward remodeling their room. All other expenses related to the project are the responsibility of the Winner. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
- No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- As a condition of receiving the prize, Winner authorizes Sponsor to verify that entry materials are from his or her own home. Winner further authorizes sponsor to use before and after photos of the project in future Operation Rescue Room promotions.
- Winner will receive prize no later than 30 days after the prize is awarded.
Conditions of Participation
- Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
- All Entrants warrant that their entries constitute current images and descriptions of rooms in their own homes and authorize verification of this by the Sponsor.
- By entering, Entrant represents that all entry materials are original and will not constitute an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such (photo, essay, etc).
- By entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photo and description, along with Entrant’s first name and last initial, city, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice, or compensation.
- By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees, and assigns harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion, or privacy.
- False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
- Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
The Winner will be announced at the conclusion of the West Metro Home Remodeling Fair at 2:45 pm Feb 9, 2020. Must be present to win. Runner-up will be announced at 3 pm.
West Metro Home Remodeling Fair